Things always take a little longer than I think they will, like reorganizing my studio. This 8′ x 10′ room where I create my paintings, make all my stuff, frame all my art, and store all the materials to do all that and even store many of the finished items has always been a little too small. In the summer I’ll sometimes take projects outside but I can’t do that in winter. Last holiday season when I was doing all of that at the same time and looked back over the previous quarter when I’d tried to step up production on my handmade goods, I found I had the time, the materials and the initiative, but not the space.
After Christmas I took a little time off and gave the studio a good sorting, moved things around, found appropriate storage and decided to replace one of my storage cabinets with a countertop with storage underneath and above so that I’d have another work surface. That means I can mat and frame art and make keepsake boxes at the same time. I can hand print special note cards with multiple colors that have to dry between each coat and not tie up all the work space in my studio for a week. And that means that producing new items each month for Sampler Boxes, e-newsletters and for my online shop and for festivals and art shows really is possible, just as I thought it was.
So now, we can get back to business.
Sampler Boxes, Order April’s Box Now
Above is a photo of the contents of my August 2016 Sampler Box. If you’re not familiar with my sampler box program, here is my outline.
About the Sampler Box Program
I’m offering a sampler box with a single box or a three month box subscription which will include the following items:
- a 5″ x 7″ or 8” x 10” print matted and ready to frame OR a small framed print, either an existing piece of artwork or a new one
- an alternate print of any size, unmatted, different from the main print in media, style, subject, etc.
- several greeting cards: a sympathy card, feline art card, feline photo card, non-feline greeting card and two or more note cards, current designs and new designs
- a handmade or other gift item—a small keepsake box or a little art sampler book, a polymer clay or ceramic item, screen-printed dishtowel, tote bag, crocheted item or rubber stamp, new art paper, for instance—which is exclusive to box recipients and not shared with the public for a week or so after boxes are sent
- the “boxes” are not boxes at all because they vary so much in content so they are carefully wrapped with wrapping paper made from my designs that you can reuse
These can be things your use for yourself or give as gifts or donation items to shelter or rescue or other fundraisers. Sometimes they’ll be little experiments and I’ll be asking for feedback. I’ll be happy that you get to see art you may have never noticed, and little handmade goods that work so much better in your hands than a photo on your computer.
Contents for 2017
I relied pretty heavily on cards to get my images to you last year, in part because I couldn’t get enough variety and quantity of handmade goods done in time each month. This year I’ll be cutting back on one or two cards and adding a small extra gift item or two along with the premium gift item that is always included only in sampler boxes when it’s first introduced.
I typically ship the current month’s sampler box during the second week of the month. Now that I have more space to make more handmade goods at the same time I can ship earlier. April’s, however, will still ship in the second week.
Sign up for your Sampler Box, or for a subscription to three boxes
Each sampler box is only $25.00 or a three box subscription is $75.00. It’s a great way to get things for yourself or to use as gifts or even donation items. You can go to the Feline Sampler Box Program page to see all my Feline Sampler Boxes from 2016, and from there you can also browse my selection of greeting cards, feline artwork, feline photography and hand made and other gift items that I choose from to include in the boxes.
You can also sign up for a Feline Sampler Box individual or subscription right here.
Note that I also offer other Sampler Boxes:
- to Animal Professionals with contents specific to the needs, customers and vendors of veterinary clinics, businesses that serve or cater to animals and animal-loving people, and rescues
- to Retail and Wholesale customers who would like to resell my merchandise
- to general Art and Merchandise customers which would include nature-themed items, florals, city scenes and abstracts
You can sign up for an Animal Professionals and Retail and Wholesale Customers sampler box here too.
If you have any questions about the sampler boxes or any gift items, please contact me. I’ll be glad to answer your questions. My Creative Cats and I are looking to a long and creative year.
Don’t miss any new items or opportunities!
“Follow” the Portraits of Animals blog with the link in the upper left. Sign up to receive posts in email, or in your favorite reader using the links in the right-hand column.
Sign up for e-newsletters
You can also sign up for my monthly e-newsletters to receive special discounts and find out where I’ll be with my artwork.
Click here for the Creative Cat Preview E-newsletter, for feline and animal-specific products and information.
Click here for the Art & Merchandise E-newsletter, for landscapes, nature, urban scenes and more.
For art, photos and writing as I develop it, visit my blogs.
See feline art and photos as they happen on The Creative Cat, along with feline news, health, welfare, rescue stories and more.
See daily photos as I post them on Today.
Read poetry, short stories, essays and more on Paths I Have Walked.
. . . . . . .
© 2018 | www.PortraitsOfAnimals.net | Published by Bernadette E. Kazmarski
All images used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in using one in a print or internet publication. If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or a product including this image, check to see if I have it available already. If you don’t find it there, visit “purchasing” for availability and terms.